Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Squid of Man

"I got your number...I steal your thunder...I got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm..."




David McLean mouths off


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



From an interview David McLean, regional mouthpiece of Microsoft (since all he seems able to do is regurgitate North American press releases), with The Age:

The Age: How family friendly can you call a console (Wii) that is $399 and possibly around $100 each for extra controllers?

David McLean: "I don't know it's going to be a problem for them this Christmas because of who's going to be buying them this Christmas, the early adopters. They already have a 360 and have put their money down for a PS3. But later on when its $399 plus the controllers... It still is cheaper than an Xbox 360 and a controller and a PlayStation 3 and an additional controller, but what you're not getting is true high def. "

"I reckon they're in a good place for the early adopter community, but I reckon it will change after that because it's not quite high definition gaming, and I don't know that there are enough other experiences around it. "

There you have it kids. You're not getting your money's worth if your generic, muscle-ridden FPS game isn't displaying in at least 720p.

I wonder if he realises that the majority of gamers aren't playing 360 games in "true high def" either....


0 Responses to “David McLean mouths off”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!